• Join Home Gardening Forum

3+ inches in 24 hrs.

Cody

Planting Zone
8a
Here in Texas (near Waco) we are getting some much needed rain! Slow steady rain for over 24hrs. and a 100% chance of rain today. My water bill is loving it. I have a huge St. Augustine front yard that I water 3 days a week to basically keep it alive. Our ditches and creeks are full. Garden is all purcked up. Chickens are enjoying the temps in the 70's. Supposed to rain a few more days too. I sure hope so.

S

Slowngreen

Heck yeah, lucky! I love rain in the middle of the summer, if it ever happens that is.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
That great Cody! We got .38" yesterday & .03" today... All the rain is northeast & the 'pop-ups' off the Gulf are sliding east of us.

We're still hopeful here, there is a good chance everyday this week.

Forecast.jpg

whistech

Planting Zone
9a
I got about one-tenth inch of rain Saturday afternoon and 1.1 inch last evening. We needed it bad and I am so thankful for it.

Cody

Planting Zone
8a
Well, we have reports around the Waco area anywhere from 4.5"+ to 6"+. Hope y'all down south of me get some more today.

finkikin

Planting Zone
8B
Well, we have reports around the Waco area anywhere from 4.5"+ to 6"+. Hope y'all down south of me get some more today.

Had a good steady rain most of the day yesterday! I really need to get a rain gauge so I can keep track. There is nothing like coming home from work and sitting in the Man Cave drinkin' and watching the rain. Oh yeah, and watching The Rifleman...!(y)

Cody

Planting Zone
8a
That's what I did! I sat in the Garage with the radio going and sipping a Ziegenbock.

finkikin

Planting Zone
8B
That's what I did! I sat in the Garage with the radio going and sipping a Ziegenbock.

Funny, Man Cave = Garage for me too. The only room in the house my wife gave me:cool: And I am fine with that!

Cody

Planting Zone
8a
My man cave was my 16ft.X 16ft. shed. It was awesome. Had rope lights,couches,poker table and a window unit. Drink,smoke or whatever we wanted. No kids and no women. Now it has Kayaks,deer stands and a Riding mower in there. :( I had to settle for the garage. Better then nothing though. Every now and then I put the window unit in there and have a brew day. Even mop the floor! :0

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
I really need to get a rain gauge so I can keep track.

Get yourself a Ambient-2080 weather station. It is pretty accurate once you get everything calibrated.

The unit was installed about 1 1/2 years ago & has worked like a champ. I find myself looking at it for the 'local' weather more often than I ever imagined. Many of my neighbors have made comments & are utilizing it to determine whether to make the drive out here or stay home & save the gas.(y)

The ranch's station is also online at Weather Underground

Ambient2080a.jpg Ambient2080b.jpg

Ambient2080c.jpg

Cody

Planting Zone
8a
Freaking Awesome! I seriously need to come visit one day. I could learn a lot.