• Join Home Gardening Forum

Closet Storage System

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
I ordered 18 cabinets (6 double door units & 12 double drawer units) that we installed in the master bedroom closet to provide clothes storage in lieu of the dresser & armoire in the main bedroom. Upon arrival, we spent 3 days gluing/assembling the individual cabinets. I then built & painted a base for them to sit on. After stacking the individual cabinets, I screwed them all together to form a single unit. We also decided to upgraded all the door/drawer pulls on both these & the pre-existing cabinets to give a them a uniform look. I am now in the process of adding coated wire shelves between the end of cabinets & the wall which will hold our boots/shoes. This is a good project for those of you that wish to organize your walk-in closets without breaking the bank.

Mr_Ranch_Side.jpg

Mrs_Ranch_Side.jpg

Spare_Cabinet_1.jpg

Spare_Cabinet_2.jpg

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
Looks like a lot of work and assembly there but it certainly looks good. Where did you order them from?

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Actually Mike, it was pretty easy. The cabinets are from ClosetMaid (15% off coupon) & the door/drawer pulls from Amazon.

If you don't have the 'PriceBlink' add-on, I highly recommend installing it... lots of extra deals to save $$$. It is available for: Chrome, Firefox, Safari & iPad.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
The other day I finished installing the coated wire shelves to put our boots & shoes on. This project is now completed.

Shelves_1.jpg

Shelves_2.jpg