• Join Home Gardening Forum

garden hoe for weeding

M

Mr_Yan

So I am sure I am preaching to the choir here but I found a new hoe for weeding an in-ground garden. A double edge action hoe like this guy.

Yesterday I was talking to my wife about buying one of these for up at my community garden. Today I went in the community shed and there was a new one leaning in the corner. Ends up that someone else (happens not to be my wife) went out yesterday and bought one. I was able to knock down the weeds in my garden (20'x25') in less than 5 minutes this morning.

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
How big were your weeds? Mine are teeny-tiny. I tend to weed after a rain when they pull out easily.

M

Mr_Yan

The morning glory is a nasty binding vine and some were 18" long. Most weeds were less than 3" tall but some grass was taller. They would pull easy but the hoe was so much faster for 520 square feet.

E

ErnieCopp

We call those Scuffle Hoes, and they do a good job of cutting off the tops, especially if they are sharp, but they come back pretty quick. I prefer to just use weed killer where i can, and take them out permanently. The ones that are too close to good plants to spray, are best pulled, although i have to admit now i have my helper do thngs that close to the ground for me.

Ernie