• Join Home Gardening Forum

Happy Thanksgiving

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
From my family to yours... We hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving this year!!!

M

Mr_Yan

Thanksgiving is the best day of the year...

This year I tried my hand at a pumpkin cheesecake with pumpkin grown in my garden.

My in-law's oven is the cleanest oven I've ever used.

The cuts were not the prettiest. Reading about it afterward I learned I should use a hot knife.

45 ACP

Planting Zone
8B
Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! We sure did.

I wanted to post up about a product that I highly recommend. Its called the Big Easy turkey fryer. I just bought one the day before Thanksgiving. I am not a big fan of turkey, but its pretty good fried. So we were gonna fry up a turkey this year and one thing lead to another and I ended up with the Big Easy. Now get this.... it's oil-less. Yep, it doesnt use oil. Runs on propane.

I was skeptical at first but let me tell you this thing came out exactly like a fried turkey. Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Im not sure how exactly they get it to do it, but it worked. Here is the turkey I did on Wed. evening before Thanksgiving as a trial run for T-Day. I did another one Thanksgiving day and it was even better. And the best part is not having to buy the expensive oil and no messy oily cleanup afterwards.