• Join Home Gardening Forum

Hopefully he doesnt screw it up!!!

P

Phins Fan

I suppose I can call it poor planning on my part but we are set to go to Michigan tonight to visit some friends for the next week and my garden is in the hands of my father in law :arghh:. Ive put so much time and effort into my babies this year that I would hate to think he forgets to water or feed them or doesn't take care of any harvesting for me and cause 1/4-1/2 of what is growing to go to hell. I just finished all the pruning and will be harvesting everything I possibly can tonight before I leave in an attempt to keep him out of it as much as possible. I suppose the condition of my garden when I get back will tell me if he really likes me or if its just an act :cry:.

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
If you had a rain barrel and a few other supplies you could have set it on a timer to auto water them!

E

ErnieCopp

Life's Lessons Learned.
We do build our own prisons, don't we? When I was on the Nursery, i also had sheep, and it seemed that either the trees or the sheep kept me home most of the time. And now, even with the small Garden here, i decided not to take a trip this Spring.

Ernie

P

Phins Fan

Full faith in his ability but its kinda like when you leave a baby with the grandparents for the first time. Maybe a bit of an extreme description but Im rather proud of how well its been doing. I know he will take good care of it

M

Mr_Yan

I know exactly what you're going thru - I just spent a week on Saginaw Bay and left my garden on auto-pilot. My neighbor may have watered it once or twice but he's a little flaky.

Let us know the damage suffered when you get back online.

P

Phins Fan

Actually he did well all things considered. I did have a couple of cukes that were the size of zucchinis but nothing horrible.