• Join Home Gardening Forum

Screen names?

finkikin

Planting Zone
8B
How did you come up with your screen name?

Me - I love to fish, therefor I kick fins!

S

Slowngreen

Mines been Slowngreen since my very first internet name, had it on Cardomain.com for my corolla which at the time was slow and green. Used it every since. Rcnitrotalk.com guys shortened it to SNG sometimes too.

Cody

Planting Zone
8a
Well, uhhmm. My name. I have another one for a few other forums. Devil1824. I got frusted a long time ago trying to get a ebay username. Seemed like every name I tried was taken so I chose Devil. Then it's my race car # and Jeff Gordans #.

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
My parents gave me mine. ;)

E

ErnieCopp

I use my own name because I get frustrated receiving forwards that have been passed around, with notes and no signature, so i never know which of the many prior viewers wrote the note or comment. So i am just trying to start a cultural revolution, where everyone will go back to taking the two seconds required to sign their names, like people used to do before email.

Ernie

R

Rolex

My parents gave me mine. ;)
You're old enough to change it, now. :joyful:
When I joined the RC Nitro forum my dog was at my feet. His name was Rolex. I had named him that because I wanted a "Watch" dog. He made it to 16, and now I have a little platinum blond at my feet named Seiko.

E

ErnieCopp

What kind of dogs are, or were, they? I have had both Labs and Border Collies that understood large vocabularies, and convinced me they were able to think how to solve problems. Linda has a couple of Cavalier Spaniels. The male is smart as a whip, but the only thing the female knows for sure is when it is time for her dinner to be served.

Ernie

R

Rolex

Let me see if I can post pics correctly.
Not sure about either one, other than some terrier in both. Rolex also had Poodle hair. Someone suggested he might be part Miniature Schnauzer, making him a Schnoodle.

That's my boy Rolex. Right next to me till his very last breath. The most amazing little critter I've ever known.

Here's the ever lovely little lady Seiko.

E

ErnieCopp

Both are very nice looking dogs. Living with Linda's spaniels is my first experience with house dogs. They do provide us both with a lot of companionship and entertainment. All of my dogs were outdoor dogs and they gave me their company outside.

Ernie

R

Rolex

We had an outdoor dog when I was a kid, but when Rolex chose me to be his boy, he provided that 6th sense of security that no alarm system can achieve.
His constant company in the car and inside the house provided a special bond that I don't want to be without. When we were outside he never needed a leash and never left the property unless I wanted to take a walk.

S

Slowngreen

Dont know them but I can tell Rolex and Seiko are instantly loveable. Such heart and love in their faces. I LOVE doggies more than most humans.

E

ErnieCopp

I have had several dogs, and each had a very definite and different personality, and i have really liked and bonded with all but one or two of them. The last time i cried was about 42 years ago, when i had to leave one of my best dogs behind. Dogs really want to please, and when i could not teach them something, i would understand that it was my fault because i failed to make them understand what i wanted them to do. I am sure they would do anything in their power to please me.

Ernie

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
I have loved all the dogs I have had... Truly man's best friend... first ones I see in the AM & they tuck me in every night.

E

ErnieCopp

One of the two that never bonded was a Brittany Spaniel that was just too nervous to be trained for bird hunting, or to be friends or anything. She was just not a normal dog. The other was a fine dog, Field Trial Champion, that i imported from NZ pregnant, so i could get some good working sheep dog pups from her. Most of the American Border Collies are trained on ducks. Trim was a good dog, but her and my old Bitch were both Alpha females. Bonnie would not yield Trim any room, and they would not work the sheep together. So, i kept Trim's best pup, and gave her to a guy that bought a lot of my sheep.
For sure, a good dog is a good friend.
Ernie

R

Rolex

Both of mine were already grown when I got them so I missed the joy of little puppies. They were both badly abused and neglected and as soon as I got them I told them they would never be hurt or go hungry again.
I think a rescued dog is the best you can get since they will go out of their way to please you and thank you for a life of love and caring.

E

ErnieCopp

Rolex,
I have heard that before. My daughter has taken in four or five stray dogs that have been dumped in her area, and she has found all of them to be wonderful. Not sure of all the breeds, but one was a pit bull and one a german shepherd. Then a friend has chosen two or three from animal shelters. So if i ever get another dog, i would certainly look into that.

Ernie

R

Rolex

Everybody wants a puppy. Dogs in shelters want a home. Make a sad dog's dreams come true.
People here are always telling me how Seiko went from a skinny frightened dog to the friendly ambassador she is now, in such a short time.
I have someone with a yappy dog below me and another one with a howling dog above me. Seiko never makes a sound unless there's someone at the door.

E

ErnieCopp

A couple of the dogs my daughter took in were in bad shape, and they soon recovered. She has about four or five tota, maybe six now, and gives them a good home for life. I do not understand how people can just abandon animals like that. People used to dump cats on my road in Idaho. I kept outdoor cats and provided warm water and food in the barn for any that wanted it, but coyotes and below zero weather made it tough for them to live very long.