• Join Home Gardening Forum

The awsomeness of the garden! O.O

R

Royiah

So I just went out to check on my garden after a week of nonstop rain (its still raining but it let up long enough for me to look.) and I found that my black berries had ripened! (just a handful really.) But that isn't what has me so excited and in shock. Nope it wasn't that it was the size of these monsters! They're huge! And super sweet! I know y'all probably think I'm over reacting but I swear I have never seen a black berry so big in fact I had no idea they could get that big! Its been an hour and I still can't get over it! My dad is currently laughing on the floor too... weirdo. Lol well he finds my reaction funny but still its just so awesome!
Anyways he told me that when he was younger his family would gather theirs and poor milk and sugar over the berries so I did that. The awesomeness... :D suffice to say I loved it. :D hehe
I've had this bush for almost two years and they never got this big which is why I'm so shocked. The garden always finds a way to surprise me and I love that. I took some pictures for y'all to see, enjoy!

WIN_20140603_192339.JPG WIN_20140603_192320.JPG WIN_20140603_192309.JPG WIN_20140603_190051.JPG WIN_20140603_185951.JPG

The first two are of my raised bed garden. The one in the middle is my black berry bush, its so heavy with berries its falling over! The last two are of my ripe ones before and after I put the milk and sugar on them. ^0^

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
Never tried milk and sugar over berries, but I might have to try that. I do enjoy some good black berries in my cold cereal in the mornings though!

Rahab222

Planting Zone
9B
What kind of blackberry bush are you growing in Louisiana? I'm going to start me a patch this fall.