• Join Home Gardening Forum

way off topic - RC battery connector

M

Mr_Yan

Sorry guys but this is way off topic. There's a lot of RC guys around so this may be a good source of knowledge.

I am looking for a 2 conductor plug with reasonable connection retention like a ramp / clip combo. I remember one of my Tyco RC cars with rechargeable 9 V battery pack had something like this but can't find it somewhere like Digi-Key.

Attached is a pic of the connector I have in mind.

Does anyone know of a source and part numbers for the plug and socket combo along with the pins and socket combos? If the part was used by Tyco I would assume that it would cross reference over to what is now TE Connectivity - TE was spun off from Tyco Electronics about 5 years ago.

Attachments

• Tamiya-battery-conn.jpg
    Tamiya-battery-conn.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 4
M

Mr_Yan

@w_r_ranch That is what I was thinking too and hoped to get it from tyco / amp / TE as we have tooling for it verses the molex. Searching digi-key and mouser has not found this form factor only a wider one where the clip is in line with the conductors which makes it too wide to fish through some bulkheads.

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
Yeah looks like a tamiya connector to me. A Main Hobbies also sells them. If this is used for an RC car I'd probably recommend going with a better connector like Deans or Losi plugs.

S

Slowngreen

x2 with Mike using a better connector. Not complicated to solder on new connectors even if it may seem so. Deans plug are all I will use.

Lost in mn

Planting Zone
Your connector choice should be made with a bit more information. What are you going to use this for? Amperage? Voltage? If you use the wrong connector for the wrong amp draw it will melt. Been there done that ha ha!

M

Mr_Yan

If you use the wrong connector for the wrong amp draw it will melt. Been there done that ha ha!

Yeah. Sometimes the results are spectacular. Not always is it accidental either.

This will be 5 VDC and only around 10 mA. This is on a vac switch controlling an indicator LED connected via 22 awg.

Lost in mn

Planting Zone