• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha Up To???

KsK

Planting Zone
Shore-Klear, Reward or Weedtrine D, mixed with a nonionic surfactant work very well at killing lily pads. Shore-Klear is a systemic herbicide that will translocate down into the root systems killing the plant.
Can these be bought at a feed store?

Depends on the feed store... MG or Tractor Supply are always hit or miss (due to supply chain issues).

Last edited by a moderator:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
I never had an adopted granddaughter that played varsity as a freshman, let alone won a state championship, LOL!!!

The 'granddaughter' finally received her Championship ring (it's a chunk)!!! Whomever made it had to make another due to them misspelling her name on the 1st one...

State_Champ_Ring.jpg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Took Mrs. Ranch for her PT session. Then did some grocery shopping on the way home.

Fed the cattle. Calf #2 has arrived, now the 1st on will have a friend to run with!!!

Filled the salt box on the water softener in the well house.

Last edited:

Ibtsoom

Planting Zone
9A
I came home and doused all the plants, flower gardens and my vegetables with some triple 13. Also put out some bug out granules..

Note for those of us along the coast.. termite swarm season is upon us. Treat around your house with the granules of your choice (I use bug out from the feed store) and leave your porch lights off at night for a few weeks.

Added some white rocks to the bird bath I just painted so the bees won’t drown and filled it up.
The wife planted a couple oleanders, some flowers, a honeysuckle and no telling what else I didn’t see. I’m gonna have to revoke her debit card.

Added cages to the few tomatoes I planted and farted with the drip irrigation system a bit.

Cooked a pizza on the pellet grill.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
LOL!!! Retire??? Us old farts are busier now than when we worked!!! Hell, I'm still working on my original 'honey-do' list from 2010!!!

Seriously, when I retired, a bunch of us would meet up every morning for coffee. I once commented to the others about being so far behind in my chores. I was advised to forget about ever "getting caught up, it's not going to happen". One, after he was done laughing, told me I might as well just drink a beer whenever I had that thought. As I've grown older, I see a lot of truth in that conversation!!!

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Went to town to pickup ranch fuel (red diesel & hi-test non-ethanol). Also picked up Mrs. Ranch's prescriptions & hit the package store.

Burned the trash ahead of the rain (2 loads).

Last edited: