• Join Home Gardening Forum

What's going in your fall garden???

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Brussel sprouts, lettuce, spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, kohlrabi , onions & garlic here.

I'm still trying to get the expansion done... Between the other irons I got in the fire & the darn heat right now, it's kinda tough to get much work done... I can only handle a few hours each morning.

M

Mr_Yan

I'm trying a fall garden for the second time this year. I'm about 70 days from the average first hard frost date but we usually have a light frost in mid September. Generally this year we have been cool and a little more precipitation than normal.

In the last week I have direct seeded:
Florida board leaf mustard
Bright Lights Swiss Chard
Red Ace Beets
Purple Top turnip
Purple Kohlrabi
Lettuce (loose leaf mix)
Scarlet Nantes Carrots

My greens are still going strong from when I planted them back in March
Red Russian Kale
Fordhook Chard
Bright Lights Swiss Chard

Mid summer plantings of collards and dwarf blue kale have been slowly building up.

Brussels sprouts were sown in early June and some look ok. This is my third year trying these (this year I'm trying Long Island Improved) and have been a total failure in the previous two years.

Garlic was pulled a few weeks ago. I'm thinking I should take a few years off of garlic or try something all together different in growing method. My heads have been small. While I love the flavor of the home grown garlic I am having a hard time dedicating that much garden to something with that low of a return.

45 ACP

Planting Zone
8B
I will be expanding my garden and trying my hand at fall crops this year. Wanting onions, lettuce, broccoli, potatoes.

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
I'm going to be taking a much smaller scale approach myself. I'm wanting to try my hand this fall / winter at growing a few more herbs indoors. Then in the early spring next year work on building my raised garden and move out of containers.

T

the1honeycomb

Love container gardening!! will be rebuilding my raised beds this year and filling them with grass clippings and manure so they are ready in the spring for the planting. have onions, pumpkins, kale, sweet potatoes, and regular potatoes red, white and blue! still have watermelon in and strawberries getting ready to build a tower for them!