• Join Home Gardening Forum

World's largest barbecue pit arrives in Texas...

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
for massive Thanksgiving feast!!!

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2016/11...for-massive-Thanksgiving-feast/2501479916475/

GALVESTON, Texas, Nov. 23 (UPI) -- A Salvation Army location in Texas is employing "the world's largest barbecue pit" to cook Thanksgiving dinner for about 1,200 people.

The Salvation Army of Galveston County shared video on YouTube of "The Undisputable Cuz," which they described as "the world's largest barbecue pit," being pulled to the Galveston location by a semi trailer Tuesday.

Officials said the enormous barbecue will be used to smoke turkeys and hams to feed an expected 1,000 people at The Salvation Army's Center of Hope during a first-annual Thanksgiving celebration also slated to feature a bounce house, music, and "other fun in store."

The Salvation Army said the Cuz will also cook food to be delivered to about 200 "shut-ins" around the county.

"Special thanks to Dunn Heat Exchangers and Ken's Towing & Collision Center for making this possible!" The Salvation Army said.

M

majorcatfish

thank you. that was one of my better smoking's. over the years have been a di heart kingford person decided to switch to lump charcoal.
will never use kingford again..
the boston butt had the most heavenly perfect bark on it, plus injected it with tonys roasted garlic and herbs marinate... the turkey breast was just the same, the whole bird we eat the breast and froze in the rest for soup sometime this winter.
used apple and hickory chips for smoke....
DSC_0006.JPG
slap me silly and call me Susie.oh yes would write bad checks all day that was out of this world...

M

majorcatfish

while smoking over thanksgiving. wanted something different, wings sounded good had to figure out away to hold a mess and able to move them around quickly. found these grilling baskets at wally world. all i did was shorten the handles down at work.
DSC_0020.JPG

heres last nights dinner off the smoker... smoked chicken wings.... we bought 5 packs of wings they almost all fit.
DSC_0002.JPG
used 50/50 mix of apple and hickory chips.
DSC_0004.JPG
did crisp up the skin in the deep fryer for the wife, personally i think they were perfect .
DSC_0005.JPG
need to make a few more baskets 5 packs of wings and 4 people we were still hungry....