1/3 Cup bourbon whiskey
3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
1/3 Cup brown sugar
3 Garlic cloves, minced
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste

Combine olive oil and next 9 ingredients. Keep 1/3 of marinade to the side. Add chicken to remaining, cover and refrigerate 2 hours. Remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade.

Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Grill uncovered for 15-20 minutes, turning once.

Pour reserved marinade over grilled chicken breast, when cooked. Use as a 'dipping sauce', if desired.

B_Chicken.jpg

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Thanks, they were. I'm just trying to make the best of this 'burn ban' situation.

Hope to do ribs at the end of the week... The last time I did them on a propane grill was something like 30 yrs ago and I promised 'Slowngreen' a tutorial of the process.

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
This! This is exactly what I'm looking for and might just try doing this recipe this week.

@w_r_ranch what kind of bourbon did you use?

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
LOL!!! You may have to build an addition on your house as he may not want to come home if the tours give free samples of each product!!! Heck, I'd probably have to drive up to get him so he's here for opening day!

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Heck, if you got a big enough barn, a number of us could be making the trip... you may want start a thread so we can let you know what size we all wear & then let them know that about 75 Texans are head'in their way & that we are bringing our own shot glasses!!!

Trip Planner

Last edited:

Rockytop

Planting Zone
8B
1 1/2 lbs. chicken
3 Tablespoons olive oil
3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/3 Cup bourbon whiskey
3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
1/3 Cup brown sugar
3 Garlic cloves, minced
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste

Combine olive oil and next 9 ingredients. Keep 1/3 of marinade to the side. Add chicken to remaining, cover and refrigerate 2 hours. Remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade.

Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Grill uncovered for 15-20 minutes, turning once.

Pour reserved marinade over grilled chicken breast, when cooked. Use as a 'dipping sauce', if desired.

View attachment 234

My gosh this sounds good!

Rockytop

Planting Zone
8B
Alright Ranch man... I know you have a good rib rub recipe... post it up.... don't be stingy with it.. and show us some pictures of the dead critters that got right on the grill this weekend.. :rolleyes: I know you got them..