• Join Home Gardening Forum

I've been saying this was a political hoax since day one.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
It is listed under Comorbidities:

Comorbidities

Table 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death. The number of deaths with each condition or cause is shown for all deaths and by age groups. For data on comorbidities,

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
I'm going to preface the below with this, I do believe the COVID-19 ordeal is greatly over exaggerated and certainly being used as a political tool (on both sides of the isle).

While I tend to steer clear of these subjects on the online communities as people can't talk anymore. It's either their way or no way. That said, I don't understand these numbers nor the claim that only 9,210 US citizen have died from the virus alone.

There are a ton of people in the US that are very unhealthy. Our health is already not the best so of course there are going to be people with Diabetes, Obesity, Circulatory diseases that are going to get COVID-19 and ultimately die. That doesn't mean COVID-19 didn't kill them.

Per Wikipedia, from 2000 to 2018 723,870 people died from car accidents. How many of those people also had Diabetes, Obesity, and Circulatory diseases? I'm assuming a good number of them did too. So should we said 723,870 didn't actually die from car accidents but only 43,432 did?

I'm not trying to come off like a smart ass. I'm seriously trying to have a valid discussion.

To me these numbers say something entirely different that what it does to other people. To me it shows of the 175,866 people who have died (per the CDC report) that ONLY 9,210 people were 100% healthy.

Or in other words, only roughly 6% of Americans are healthy.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
I'm going to preface the below with this, I do believe the COVID-19 ordeal is greatly over exaggerated and certainly being used as a political tool (on both sides of the isle).

I believe most Americans feel that way, I know I do.

There are a ton of people in the US that are very unhealthy. Our health is already not the best so of course there are going to be people with Diabetes, Obesity, Circulatory diseases that are going to get COVID-19 and ultimately die. That doesn't mean COVID-19 didn't kill them.

It doesn't mean that it did either. As a rule, it affects mostly old people many of which were going to die anyways. Don't forget that an average of 7,702 people die every day in the US & that has been the case for the last 2 decades.

You are right, most Americans are unhealthy. We are in general overweight, many have high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. because the eat mostly highly processed foods & foods high in sugar & salt. I will also add that most of American's immune systems are compromised (to some extent) as kids don't run around barefoot, drink out of garden hoses or swim in lakes/rivers anymore (as kids, my generation did).

To me these numbers say something entirely different that what it does to other people. To me it shows of the 175,866 people who have died (per the CDC report) that ONLY 9,210 people were 100% healthy.

Or in other words, only roughly 6% of Americans are healthy.

That's probably true. Minus the ones that died from car/motorcycle accidents, cancer, heart attacks, alcohol poisoning & just old age/Alzheimer.

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
I will also add that most of American's immune systems are compromised t(to some extent) as kids don't run around barefoot, drink out of garden hoses or swim in lakes/rivers anymore (as kids, my generation did).
Amen to that.

That's a big pushing factor for me wanting to get back into the country. I want my kids to enjoy the life I did growing up. Running around, chasing animals, riding ATV's etc. But that's another story. ;)

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
You're right, a city is not an ideal place for a kid to grow up. I know it is a big transition for some, but it isn't all that difficult.

Hell, I had a harder time transitioning from military to civilian... THAT was a culture shock.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Since a lot of controversy is going on regarding election fraud, many states are bringing back the scamdemic to divert attention away from the ongoing fraud coverup. These new lockdowns & mandatory mask orders in certain states are all bullchit. It was never about our health.

Control.jpeg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
This scam is passed old... even Santa is pissed off.

santametoo.jpg