• Join Home Gardening Forum

My tomato plants are dying

A

Adak

Hi every one! We live in Minnesota and two days ago, there was a storm with lots of rain. My tomato plants did not recover from that storm, it seems as if their roots have been damaged. I attach the photo, any one with suggestions are more than welcome!20180715_184611.jpg 20180715_184623.jpg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
What kind of soil is in your planter???

BTW 2 plants in that size container may be too many. Tomatoes have large root systems because the are heavy feeders... They would do better in the ground.

M

Mr_Yan

Is that one of the Earthbox style planters where you water the planter from the bottom and the potting medium wicks the water to the root zone?

J

JGarden1

They really got damaged during this heavy rain. In my opinion you should get rid of twigs which do not have fruits on. Next time you should remember that tomatoes hate heavy rains and protect them by taking home or cultivating in a place where they can survive such weather. Hope that your tomatoes will survive!

D

DennisPortillo

This can occur due to heavy rain. Gives some time. They require sun rays in order to nourish themselves.