• Join Home Gardening Forum

New gargen and new member

F

Fireman907

Hi all.
This is the first garden I have done since I was 10 and gardening with my Grandma. Now, Grandma could grow anything. Her plants looked like mutants, huge and produced like crazy.
Now, to my issue. I started easy. Just corn, tomatoes, cucumbers ans bush beans. Everything is going well except for the beans. I'm getting some kind of burn or something on the leaves. Maybe it is nothing, but I'm really a noob at this, so I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks, Paul

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
Hey Paul, welcome to the forum. My beans will do that after heavy rainfall sometimes. Same with squash. I've been told that there is a bacteria in the soil that will get on the leaves when the water splashes off the dirt. I would just trim the bad leaves up and see what happens, looks like you've got some good plants there.

S

Susan

Hi Paul

I hadthat happen in my vegetable garden before. Just cut off the bad leaves. They will be fine. It won't affect your beans any. You have some awesome looking plants there. I see this post is a few months old, so how did you make out with your garden?

J

JGarden1

If I were you I would add some fertilizer to the soil and also cut off the bad leaves. Think that this plant is resilient enough that it will survive. Maybe it is caused because of the rain? Or because of the sun?