• Join Home Gardening Forum

Off season hobbies

M

Mr_Yan

What do you do to pass the time in the off season?

I more or less trade my veg garden for my woodshop and some knitting needles.

Lost in mn

Planting Zone
Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Canoeing, Keeping my Resort going lol. RC 1/5th scale gasoline cars and trucks large scale heli's, Web design (I still suck at it). Run a business with my parents. Gold and Silver coin collecting and selling. Trapping in the winter. Sleds, Atv's, Dirt Bikes. Getting stitches and broken bones fixed. Making Cedar strip Canoes and Snowshoes. Just finished gun smith school with an emphasis on Engraving and Metal Inlay.
Other than that I am bored. lol

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Hunting, reading & doing puzzles. Drinking... but I do that every afternoon regardless of the weather, LOL!!!

E

ErnieCopp

When I was younger, I always had so many things going on I would worry about getting it all done.
Now, I do not have hardly anything going, and worry about how I am even going to get that little bit started.

Ernie

Ibtsoom

Planting Zone
9A
Hunting, fishing, guitar, songwriting (got a band that plays around at local venues), of course down here it's only cold enough to drive you inside maybe a couple weeks out of the year so we're always in the yard. We spend the winter pruning and thinning getting ready for planting in the spring.

S

Slowngreen

Hobby RC's is a big one for me as well as shooting, gaming and dirt bikes. Im a HUGE motocross/supercross fan.

45 ACP

Planting Zone
8B
I actually gave up motocross and replaced it with gardening and cooking....LOL. Was racing MX a lot but had a bad crash and got all broke up so I decided that being in my 30's with 2 little ones it was time to hang it up. Still a big fan though cant wait for Anaheim 1 !!

My hobbies consist of drinking beer, saltwater fishing, hunting, gardening, cooking, and chase my 2 little chimpanzees (kids) around. Also coach my sons baseball team for a few months each spring and fall. Life is good, I love hanging out with my family. We do everything together.

W

Whistler

I heat the homestead with a outdoor furnace so i do a lot of wood choppin. :D :D

S

Slowngreen

Still a big fan though cant wait for Anaheim 1 !!
I CANT WAIT! I never ever ever ever miss a race, havent not watched a sx or mx since the KING was racing (jeremy). I dont race personally and my current bike is a xr600 but Im hoping to shed some weight this winter and possibly get a new bike and run some local mx in the summer.

E

ErnieCopp

Before they called it Motocross, back in the '40s, we called them TT races, derived from Trans Terrain, but our bikes were much heavier than the dirt bikes that followed. I had not thought of that for many years, until just a few days ago on TV, they were talking about Ed Kretz. He was one of the best back then, won a lot of championships, but he was on the Indian side of the fence, while i rode Harleys, so we knew each other but were not close friends. He had a small Indian dealership in Monterey Park, CA.
I got married in '45, and dropped out of that, but that is a good hobby and a lot of fun.
Ernie

M

Mr_Yan

Nice Mr Ranch. I miss doing puzzles.

I just put 5 gallons of a nut brown ale into the primary fermenter.

M

MB3

lots of hobbies, but less time for most of them with my kids. they require most of my free time X_X,