• Join Home Gardening Forum

our gardens

M

majorcatfish

it does not look like much during the wintertime, so use your gardening imagination thats it's green and full of wonderful veggies growing.

the asparagus bed...
DSC_0001.JPG

the main garden
DSC_0002.JPG

blackberry patch
really need to finish up pruning them back
DSC_0004 - Copy (3).JPG
the new potato area
have to work on the drainage this spring
DSC_0007 - Copy.JPG

the main raised bed area
DSC_0008 - Copy.JPG
with garlic
DSC_0010.JPG
main garlic raised bed
DSC_0006 - Copy.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
Good looking beds. I've been doing container gardening for a little while but think this year of going to a raised bed. I just haven't decided if I want to go with something shorter like you've done or something taller, like about 3 or so feet tall beds.

M

majorcatfish

we are hooked on raised bed gardening now, all our beds are 3' wide ranging from 5'-16' long and all are 12" deep
the only reason we went 12" is for rotation of crops. you could go 8"-10", but either growing potatoes or root crops<carrots/ parsnips 12"
has worked out, did a lot of reading on them and 12" makes perfect sense, well in our needs.

45 ACP

Planting Zone
8B
Nice. Looks like plenty of room to plant just about anything you would want.

M

majorcatfish

if everyone of them produces there will be around 650 heads 35 of them are elephant.
last year we sold half of what we grew, we saved all the little heads to replant this year
did not think we had that many..lol thats why the overflow went into the main raised bed area.
which in turn limits me on planting in those beds till june-july depending on the weather.
figure will inter plant those beds with carrots since they are a root vegetable.

anyway we are going to do the local farmers market here in town this year see how it goes
with all the veggies grown here. maybe the following year reach out and try the triad farmers market.

M

MB3

I am really envious of that amount of space. glad to see some people who own land make good use of their land =)