• Join Home Gardening Forum

Rain, Rain!!

T

the1honeycomb

I believe the National water shortage is trying to right itself in one year!!!! I was not thinking of the rain when I planted my garden at the top of the hill and put my chicken coops at the bottom of the hill!!:mad:
the garden did fine but the coops are a Pigs heaven!! Moving around is immpossible!!! My poor chickens! :hungover: I know many people who are having flooding issues. . . . are you??

M

Mr_Yan

I'll second the above average rain but we're not in the flooding level anymore. This is only the second year in six that I've had water in my basement. From June 15 to July 3 we were averaging nearly an inch a day.

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
I installed a new rain barrel about 2-3 months ago. Within the first 24 hours it was full and has pretty much maintained that level even while I continue to use water from it. In fact it's raining right now...

T

the1honeycomb

I bought 4 barrels to convert to waterers for my chickens and for my gardens, Too wet out side to get it started!! LOL

M

Mr_Yan

I cobbled together a 64 gallon rain barrel system for about $20. Used 32 gallon trash cans with liquatite conduit connectors connecting the garbage cans to garden hose. While it's not the greatest it works. I'd love to use poly drums rather than the garbage cans but either can't find them or can't move them back to my house. My rain barrel fills off one side of my two car garage and about 3/8" of rain fills it.