• Join Home Gardening Forum

Storm

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
Watching the rain and waiting for the wind........If you got to get one I guess this one will do.........

Still hanging in.....Some powerful gust have stirred things up a bit. New generator came on about 10:30, sure made it nice. Last round I made didn't see any major damage. Lots of concerning noises. We will see more in daylight.......

Well......12:30 and it ain't slacked off any. Raining too hard to check for damage. Heard several loud booms and bangs. I will check things when the rain lets up......

2:00 am and things have quieted down greatly. Rain has nearly stopped. Made a round md did not find anything major. Lots of limbs down and things scattered around. I did find a small leak over our kitchen . Went and looked in attic and found it. I will take care of it tomorrow. All and all God brought us safely through another one........

Last edited by a moderator:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
We had a slight drizzle at daybreak, but the winds are picking up here. UPDATE: Ended the day with 0.10" of rain & no wind damage.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
This morning's update:

Hurricane Nicholas made landfall at 12:30 am Tuesday on the eastern part of Matagorda Peninsula, about 10 miles west of the small city of Sargent. It had maximum winds of 75 mph at landfall. The storm is moving about 10 mph to the north-northeast, and along this track the storm should pass almost directly overhead Houston on Tuesday after sunrise.

There's absolutely nothing happening in the areas west of the storm.

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
That nailed it....... WE lost one big pecan tree out in the pasture. Just lots of small to medium limbs to pick up. All house and buildings survived.....