• Join Home Gardening Forum

TV programing leaves much to be desired...

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
My wife & I have been disappointed in what little is on TV nowadays, most of which is not worth spit even with premium satellite... not that I watch much TV anymore. We got to talking about the shows that we used to watch as kids... After she went to bed, I stayed up to do some searching & found a very cool site that has just about every TV show theme song imaginable (both old & newer) & thought some of you might enjoy tripping down 'Memory Lane' too:

www.televisiontunes.com

Here were some of my favorites:

Twelve O'Clock High

Combat

The Outer Limits
Lassie

American Bandstand

Little Rascals

The Lone Ranger

Davy Crockett

Death Valley Days

Destry

Sea Hunt

Sky King

Green Hornet

Howdy Doody

Those were truly the good old days...

Last edited:

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
Sam I agree with nothing worth watching being on TV anymore. We went from cable to DirecTV paying entirely way to much for only about 5-6 channels we actually tuned to. Even still the programming seemed to be more commercials then content or content not worth watching anymore.

I used to love watching the History channel for example, on the days where important events happened in history they would always have something on. Now it's typically nothing but Pawn Stars marathons. In fact most channels anymore is nothing but so called "reality" TV garbage.

We've since canceled cable/sat and have purchased a nice antenna to pick up local and even some not so local channels along with NetFlix and Amazon Prime and we couldn't be happier. Far cheaper and watch when and what we want to watch.

Lost in mn

Planting Zone
Agreed tv has turned to junk. We are cutting most of our services back to basic just to get some network channels. Antenna only gets me French TV up here in the twigs. We too are going with Amazon Prime and Netflix.

M

Mr_Yan

Yup we're amazon prime users. I haven't had a TV since I was in 4th or 5th grade. We're watching two shows West Wing ( I think we made it to season 5) and Falling Skies.

My wife also watches Downton Abby and Parenthood also.

People will ask what I do because I don't waste away in front of a TV. I just look back at them and wonder how they have time to watch TV.

M

MB3

I quit watching TV for the most part when I was in Middle School. Now if I hear of a show I want to try, I get DVDs at library or find the stuff on Hulu, etc, or borrow DVDs from friends, or whatever I can manage. Since the amount of shows I am interested in is low, this isn't a big deal. I have never done cable or the like, I never replaced the antennae the boys broke after the third one (a couple were pricey but picked up little anyhow), and I prefer to just get DVDs or BDs for a film, or download off amazon or get stuff at the library.
Most TV is just bad. I wish I could get PBS, that is about it.

E

ErnieCopp

I hate to admit it, but i am a Political Junkie during election years, and having spent my life in the Rougher Industries like Oil Fields, Heavy Construction, close to Logging and Mining, and many years of Cruising big oceans on a fifty foot boat, I like the few Reality shows that are actually realistic, but some are so hyped up, trying to seem more dangerous and exciting than they actually are, that only about 20% have any "Reality" to them.

So, most nights after the National News is over with, there is nothing on that suits me, so i just read.

Ernie