• Join Home Gardening Forum

Unseasonable temperatures

B

Be Ready

This time of year are our weather is in the 50s and highs are in the 70s . The first Saturday in May is when I really get serious about putting stuff out because that’s usually our last frost… But here comes mother nature giving me the middle finger and calling for Low’s tonight right at freezing and outline areas (that’s me) in the upper 20’s Spent the day getting everything strawed in .... Fingers crossed this is the last one... and everything makes it out alive. EA838DE6-944F-4DEB-A1B2-D91986426755.jpegE725E453-480C-4387-8D29-FCF3479CB4A2.jpeg

M

Mr_Yan

Yup.

I will pull everything in tonight, even my new potted fruit trees. Weather.com is calling for 25 F overnight here.

According to local news the fruit growers around here are panicking. The peach buds are about 2 weeks ahead and will be wiped out by the freeze.

B

Be Ready

This is going to break some old records around here... I need a breeze and some cloud cover tonight. This is going to F up a lot of spring growth ... What a year 2020 has been so far... SMH

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Screwy temps here too... Day time highs have been in the mid-80s to low 90's & the nights have been in the upper 40s to mid 60s (with a few in the 70s).

I need consistent nights in the 70s for my tomatoes to thrive. Most of my garden is stunted this year.

B

Be Ready

We got the frost last night as planned but it's not a bad as I thought... Just got in from spraying down everything with water to wash off the frost from our landscape. It's 33 degrees here now but will warm up nicely quick. Time will tell what damage it has done...

M

Mr_Yan

We were around 26 over night but it was back up to 33 by the time Mrs Yan and I rolled out of bed at 7:30.

Someone near us has a small backyard orchard and they ran the sprinklers overnight to protect things. When we drove past at about 9 all the trees were encapsulated in ice with icicles hanging from them But the top of each tree had melted as the sun was coming over the roof and hitting the tree tops first.

B

Be Ready

36 degrees here this morning... No frost because we had a breeze and cloud cover... Hopefully we’re out of the woods now. Forecast has us in the 80’s the rest of the week. I guess I’ll finish planting this weekend.

B

Be Ready

Last morning of cooler temperatures... Looks like the garden season is in full swing now. ?