• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha Up To???

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
What did you do in your garden today?

Today I snipped suckers from my tomato plants and checked the water levels in my self watering containers.

N

Northernfox

I watered it and worked out a trade. I will send some seascape strawberries to my Grand Mother and my Grand Father will send some grape vines that are cold hardy!!

I also thought about the next video I wanted to shoot. Still torn ;) I will have to figure it out as I want to shoot it tomorrow.

R

Rolex

I drove past it twice on my way to and from the local hardware store.

N

Northernfox

We went to our hardware store. we are in the middle of a heat snap and they had them ON SALE!! 50$ off. so i got one for my Sons room. I have retreated to the basement

S

sreece

So far this morning I picked a couple of ripe tomatoes (Heirloom Bali - one of my absolute favorites for flavor). Then I checked for hornworms and was planning on picking spinach but had to go and help my daughter load up horses to take to the vet. Lots more gardening on the agenda yet for today. We're experiencing some unseasonably cool weather here in Texas. It was only 64 degrees this morning when I went out into the garden. That is unheard of here in Texas in July! Sure enjoying it!

finkikin

Planting Zone
8B
Well, I don't have time in the morning before work. But yesterday after work I picked a couple of Tomatoes and cucumbers. My daughter ate the cucumber before I could get it in the house. haha

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Pulled out the beans & the cukes. Started pulling the last of the tomatoes.

Only things left are japs, okra & the melons.

P

Phins Fan

Picked my first greenbeans of the season and watered. Picking up some plant food tonight. Its a perfect time to get it into the soil as we have been getting rain on and off for several days now (and due for several more)

N

Northernfox

I am going to go out and shoot another Alberta Urban Garden video :)

Probably a garden tour video as well :)

whistech

Planting Zone
9a
I didn't do anything in the garden today, but I did can 7 quarts of dill pickles by using up the last of the cucumber crop. I am going to try growing cucumbers this fall and I am going to start more dill in August. Haven't tried to grow fall cucumbers and I don't know if dill will germinate and live until cooler weather, but I am going to try it. I only started gardening last fall, so almost everything is an experiment.

N

Northernfox

my goodness that was hot. I got my irrigation line in for the back beds ;)

I shot the video for this weeks release.

P

Phins Fan

Weeding today (YUCK!!) and hopefully getting the rest of the stone laid down so I don't have to weed again.

S

Slowngreen

Watered mine and did some weeding, luckily its a small garden.

Mike

Might know the answer
Planting Zone
6b
No need to water mine for the last two days, nothing but rain in our forecast.

P

Phins Fan

Built a new trellace for the cukes:

It stands about 4' tall so I would imagine it would be more than enough for 1 plant.

Also finished weeding and forgot I had some roofing slate layin around so I decided to lay some down to walk on:

I know they are a bit fragile but will cover the ground and prevent me from having to do any weeding for quite some time. It doesn't look horrible by any means and was cheaper than spending another $80-$100 for stone for the rest of the garden.

T

the1honeycomb

Looks great little soldiers all in a row! should be easy pickins!:ROFLMAO: LOL It poured down rain here for the past 3 days and we are expecting more rain for the next week! I need to go out and prop up my sunflowers, and a couple of tomatoes that fell over in the rain. Maybe take a few more photos!

N

Northernfox

I got half way through shooting my garden update and my phone died :) now just letting it charge while I hope my son stays asleep ! He and I were up at 4 this morning :) we had a great play session befor he fell asleep again :)

N

Northernfox

nice garden by the way!! I collect paving stones from Ontario North West Territories and some from Alberta. All free all great but I have been collecting for 4 years and still don't have enough for my garden :)

P

Phins Fan

Looks great little soldiers all in a row! should be easy pickins!:ROFLMAO: LOL

Not soldiers......These are my other ladies. I caress and nurture them until they grow to become beautiful women. Than we have dinner together. I just never tell them they are the main course!!

N

Northernfox

I put tomato cages on my two daughter black cherry tomatoes. And the volunteer in the squash bed :). Re potted the mother black cherry and got rained on :)

Lol Phins your funny lol

T

the1honeycomb

PHINs!! love it!! Beautiful ladies!

My sunflower got knocked down during the rain storm and took 4 tomatoes in cages with it!! It was a really big sunflower1!!