• Join Home Gardening Forum

Who bow hunts?

Cody

Planting Zone
8a
I love to grab my recurve and head out into the woods! I have a recurve,longbow and 2 compounds. Nothing against gun hunters at all. I have plenty of guns, I just love the challenge of sitting on a trail or hanging out in a tree waiting on a deer or stalking pigs. I normally hunt on public land. You're allowed to broadcast corn by hand and that's about it! It's a great challenge. Horns or no horns, I like meat!

finkikin

Planting Zone
8B
Never tried bow hunting, well, I take that back. I have bow fished before and loved it. I heard it is hard to go back to a gun once you kill your first deer with a bow.

Cody

Planting Zone
8a
Pretty much how it works. My son harvested his first ever deer last year at the age of 13 and used a compound bow. His choice.

Lost in mn

Planting Zone
I bow hunt for Bear and Turkey mostly but have taken Deer, Elk, Moose and Caribou through the years. I have an ancient V1 Oneida Screaming Eagle Break Cam bow. I am also big into Bow Fishing which is a riot in the spring time when the fish are in the rivers.

M

Mr_Yan

I'm trying to get back in to shooting but still have some work to do, someday I'd like to hunt. I picked up a Fred Bear Epic Xtreme used. I still need to get a front site on it, a release and have it tweaked from 28.5" to 28" draw.

Cody

Planting Zone
8a
My compound is a DXT. Great bow. Hard to replace something that works so well.