• Join Home Gardening Forum

WR's 2019 Fall Garden

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Spent the last week of August planning the fall garden. The kohlrabi, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower & brussel sprout seeds were started last week in 3" pots so they should be ready for transplanting in early to mid October (the radish, lettuce, chard & spinach seeds will be planted at this time as well). Potatoes are chitting over at the guesthouse & will be planted around September 21st. The onion & garlic sets will be planted in November (or whenever they arrive at the feed store).

2019_Fall_Garden_Plan.jpg

Fall_Garden_Lineup.jpg

K

ksk

Have you planted? I have not.May be next week when it is cooler.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Here's the garden update: Everything was planted, for the most part, on time. I'm now watering everything 2X a day for 20 minutes to keep the soil moist (but not overly wet) & facilitate root development.

Garden1_101719.jpg

Garden2_101719.jpg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Picked up 3 bundles of onion sets this morning. I ended up with 'Texas Legends' instead of my normal 'Yellow Granex'. I'll get them planted in the next day or two...

• Up Vote
Reactions: ksk

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Today I harvested broccoli florets, another head of cauliflower, a couple of kohlrabi & 2 heads of cabbage.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
The 2019 fall garden is coming to a close soon as it is almost time to prep for the spring garden. It has been very productive & we have plenty of stuff put up to last us till next year!!! Here is where we stand:

Broccoli_012720.jpg

Brussel_Sprouts_012720.jpg

Cabbage_012720.jpg

Garlic_012720.jpg

Lettuce_012720.jpg

Onions_012720.jpg

Spinach_012720.jpg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Yesterday I harvested all the spinach & Mrs. Ranch blanched & vacuum packed all of it.

Today I harvested more broccoli florets & another head of cabbage for the mail lady.

Also harvested/sorted all the Brussel Spouts & Mrs. Ranch is blanching & vacuum packing them. Time to start getting the garden ready for spring...

BrusselSprouts_021120.jpg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
This morning I harvested more carrots in the cold drizzle & got them prepped for dehydrating... so today wasn't a total waste.

Carrots1_021920.jpg

Carrots2_021920.jpg

Carrots3_021920.jpg