• Join Home Gardening Forum

WR's 2019 Spring Garden

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Mrs. Ranch made the first batch of stuffed green peppers using ground brisket & leftover ranch rice. I made another batch of ranch rice so she can continue tomorrow.

Stuffed_Green_Peppers.jpg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Harvested more green peppers for Mrs. Ranch as she wants to make another batch of stuffed peppers to put up.

Also harvested another tub of tomatoes, jalapenos & some green beans.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Harvested tomatoes, green beans, carrots & the last of the leeks this morning.

Processed the leeks & vacuum packed them.

Made 8 pounds of glazed carrots & vacuum packed them for the lil' boy down the road.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Processed the remaining carrots, a little over 10 lbs. They will be vacuum packed tomorrow after they're frozen.

Glazed_Carrots.jpg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Harvested 3/4s of a tub of tomatoes, which I prepped for more Picante Sauce (washed, seeded & roasted). A double batch is now ready to be finished tomorrow. NOTE:The tomatoes seem to be slow ripening this year...

Brought up 14 medium-sized onions from the party barn. Then I harvested another 14 green peppers & 25 of the super hot jalapenos for the above noted Picante Sauce.

The Lima beans ain't doing squat again this year, so they are off my garden list in the future.

J

Jolene Jakesy

That looks delicious
Mrs. Ranch made the first batch of stuffed green peppers using ground brisket & leftover ranch rice. I made another batch of ranch rice so she can continue tomorrow.

Stuffed_Green_Peppers.jpg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Continued making the Picante Sauce by dicing all the green peppers, onions & jalapenos. Then I harvested 2 bunches of cilantro, chopped it up & added it evenly between the 2 pots. Finally got it all canned up (20 more pints). It was a long day...

Picante_Sauce_061619.jpg

We got a pretty good rain pass through here just before noon (1.11" total).

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
I've been giving tubs of tomatoes away this week (been too busy doing other stuff), but this morning I harvested another tub that will be tuned into straight tomato sauce & canned. Also harvested more cucumbers.

Mrs. Ranch made a command decision by deciding that we are having bruschetta for supper tonight, so I went back out & harvested a big bowl of basil this afternoon, most of it went into the dehydrator so I can start replenishing the pantry's spice rack.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Started prepping & roasting the tomatoes for straight tomato sauce. I'll can it up tomorrow.

Tomato_Sauce_062219.jpg

Harvested another tug of green beans which we prepped & blanched prior to Mrs. Ranch vacuum packing/freezing. Here's the first batch:

GreenBeans_062219.jpg

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Harvested another tub of green beans yesterday. Today I processed them (blanch & bag) & Mrs. Ranch will vacuum pack them tomorrow. We now have enough to last us until next year so the rest will be given away.

After that I started harvesting soybeans. I'll process them tomorrow as it is suppose to rain.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Before I went shopping, I readied a tub of stuff (tomatoes, cucumbers & green peppers) & bags of green beans for our mail lady. After work, she passes stuff out to the old people on her route that are kind of home bound.

Harvest_062819.jpg

After shopping, I diced up the green peppers, onions & jalapenos for (what I hope is the last batch) Picante sauce. Got it all canned & when I finished, this double batch made 12 quarts. These will be given to friends to enjoy.

Last_Batch_Picante_062819.jpg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Harvested the last of the green peppers so Mrs. Ranch can prep them for freezing. Also picked a the last of the tomatoes & cucumbers. As soon as 'hotter-than-hell' week is over, I'll start prepping the garden for the fall planting.

Tomorrow I'll pick through the remaining potatoes & select the ones to start chitting for the fall garden.