• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha Up To???

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered the garden, asparagus, flowerbeds, porch pots & all the trees.

Prepped the smoker for the ribs & put them on @ 1500 hrs over hickory & post oak coals. Potatoes will go on at 1645 hrs.

Last edited:

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
Looks pretty nice. You will have to let us know how it taste.........
It’s pretty darn good. Much better than the regular old Folgers we always drink. The only bad part is that I don’t have a roaster so I’ve been doing this in a skillet which takes a lot of work because you have to constantly stir for 20+ minutes. I’m going to build a DIY roaster I saw on YouTube.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Put out another roll of hay for the cattle.

Harvested another tub of tomatoes that I'll roast tomorrow for spaghetti sauce.

Last edited:

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
Four calls in the last 2 days. Staying out most all night to get folks home. Pic is of crippled air boat that spent the night in the marsh. The guy's girlfriend (in our boat) was very happy to see us and have a ride home..........

Attachments

• IMG_20220705_230726_01.jpg
    IMG_20220705_230726_01.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 2

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
That 'something' came back last night & got the 3 bird feeders in the backyard. One is destroyed, but 2 are still usable. I ordered 3 metal feeders to replace the ones in the back yard & will use the old ones in the front yard. Yeah, Mrs Ranch is mad & she wants this animal dead. The traps will be baited & set tonight.

Watered the garden, asparagus, flowerbeds, porch pots & all the trees. It's been 99-103 degrees here for the last week & the forecast for the next 10 days is more of the same.

Canned the spaghetti sauce, got 11 pints out of that batch.

Last edited:

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
That 'something' came back last night & got the 3 bird feeders in the backyard. One is destroyed, but 2 are still usable. I ordered 3 metal feeders to replace the ones in the back yard & will use the old ones in the front yard. Yeah, Mrs Ranch is mad & she wants this animal dead. The traps will be baited & set tonight.
I hope you get him............

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Nothing in the traps this morning. That coon owes me $100 & I'm going to collect it one way or another...

Did the weekly shopping.

Receive the new bird feeders. They're well constructed & hold a lot of seed (it took half a sack to fill them up)!!!

Harvested more green peppers & tomatoes.

Seasoned up a sirloin steak & some potatoes that I'll put on the smoker for supper.

Last edited:

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
Rescues, although sometimes late and difficult are rewarding. Recoveries.......not so much......

Attachments

• 291998812_763969601705313_6783996948989971082_n.jpg
    291998812_763969601705313_6783996948989971082_n.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 292217275_763969731705300_6763969843364946708_n.jpg
    292217275_763969731705300_6763969843364946708_n.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 2

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made a loaf of rye bread for myself.

Watered the front yard & started on the back yard. It's currently 102 degrees & the forecast highs for the next couple of days is 106.

Prepped & roasted 3 pans of tomatoes. I made a 2nd double batch of spaghetti sauce & tomorrow I'll make the last one into picante sauce.

Cleaned the kitchen exhaust fan filters.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made Italian bread for Mrs. Ranch.

Harvested green peppers & jalapenos. Then diced them up for the picante sauce.

Coarsely pureed the tomatoes & added the necessary spices, along with the onions, peppers for the last batch of picante sauce. I'll add the cilantro tomorrow when I'll can it & the spaghetti sauce from yesterday.

Watered the back yard & trees.

Put out a roll of hay for the cattle.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
LOL.....I like that "thought provoking hot".......
LOL!!! You haven't tried it yet. I always watch how big the eyes get of people that have had it... It's sweet on the front end, then after about 5 seconds the burn sets in!!! I've been told that it's very good by those that have tried to buy it. Capsaicin rocks!!!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/28/Capsaicin-3D-vdW.png

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made the labels & applied them to yesterday's canning session. Then moved them to the pantry in the guest house.

Finally got back to my shutters. I applied to coats of 'Renew' to protect them. Hopefully I get them reinstalled tomorrow morning & take down the next couple of pairs.

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
Bought a Taurus G2C Pistol in 9mm to carry in the boat on those late night runs. Got it from GrabAGun.com. They had a great price. 242.00 TTL to my dealer. Bought it yesterday and it is expected delivery today......