Whatcha Up To???

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Did the weekly shopping, again having to hit 3 stores.

Stopped at the packing house to pick up 10+ pounds of sirloin which I ground up for hamburger patties (90/10). We got 36 - 5.3 oz burgers out of that load.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Vacuum packed the burgers from yesterday.

The ice maker in the main house is not functioning again so I pulled it out to see what the problem is. Found the water line frozen up. Clear that & reinstalled it. No joy. Replaced the ice maker with a new on & still no joy. No water is going into it. Gave up for the day & I'll go buy a couple of bags of ice later. UPDATE: I replaced the water filter, on a lark, & voila we have water again!!!

Blew out the garbage disposal's discharge line putting the old ice cubes down it, so I'm fixing that. This is not one of my better days...

Made stuffed jalapenos.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Moved some leftover dirt (from the propane tank installation) to low spots along the road & smoothed out the area in front of the greenhouse.

Changed all the clocks that didn't change themselves.

Made a couple of pear strudel for dessert.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
The 'Lexel' that I used to repair the garbage disposal' discharge line was cured enough to reinstall it.

Cleaned the ceiling fans & reversed them for the winter season.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Since I replaced the louvered windows in the greenhouse earlier this year, I needed to make new insulated window covers as the the old ones no longer fit. I received the corrugated plastic panels yesterday so this is what I did today. I started by bonding them 2 layers thick with 'Lexel', then covering the edges with F4 tape (used to fix bullet holes in aircraft). I then cut the holes for where the window's opening levers protruded. Lastly. I covered the holes with another layer of the corrugated plastic. Voila, they are now done & ready when I need them.

New_Covers.jpg

Last edited:

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
Been really busy with work. Not much time for anything else right now. Onion sets should be showing up soon, gotta go get some cow manure to help improve the raised bed soil. Taking the kids to a catfish pond this weekend as we got skunked in the saltwater this past weekend. Couldn’t even lose a dead shrimp, not a single bite. Built a set of knuckles for a customer that will give them away to his clients.

962CC354-69A6-4033-B2EB-DA06B5B8597B.jpeg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Took Mrs Ranch's Jeep in for it's yearly inspection, oil/lube & back-flushing the coolant system. Then did the weekly grocery shopping.

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
Been really busy with work. Not much time for anything else right now. Onion sets should be showing up soon, gotta go get some cow manure to help improve the raised bed soil. Taking the kids to a catfish pond this weekend as we got skunked in the saltwater this past weekend. Couldn’t even lose a dead shrimp, not a single bite. Built a set of knuckles for a customer that will give them away to his clients.

View attachment 4385
Those look very good.....Are they useable?

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Took my Jeep in to have another of the tire pressure sensors replaced.

Cleaned the windows on both Jeeps.

Replaced the wiper blades on my Jeep.

Did some weeding in the garden.

Seasoned up a pork shoulder roast for tomorrow.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made a spice cake with creme cheese frosting.

Made stuffed jalapenos.

Made the pork roast that I seasoned up yesterday for supper. I'll throw in the potatoes, carrots, onions & celery later.

Planted another 15' of radishes.

Last edited:

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
Went to cowboy breakfast at a buddies ranch. Everything cooked over coals. Eggs, bacon, sausage (4 kinds of sausage) , dutch oven biscuits breakfast tacos, several fruits.. Bloody Mary, screwdrivers. Arrive at daylight. Leave when you are ready. He does it about once a month in the cool months.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Watered the garden, flowerbeds, all the trees/lirope & the hanging baskets on the back porch.

We just saw an adult bald eagle fly over the back yard, not 50' away from us!!!

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Refilled bird feeders.

Finally got around to finishing the well house project. In addition to making it easier to replace the filter, the pipes are now secured & protected.

Last edited: