Whatcha Up To???

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made a pound cake for dessert.

Gave Mrs. Ranch a hand making the stuffed peppers (washing them, making the rice & browning 3 pounds of ground sirloin).

Made a batch of 'Memphis Dust' pork rub as I don't have enough for Monday's meal. I saw that we were getting low on Beef Rub, so I made that as well... We should be set for the year.

Prepped the baby back ribs for tomorrow.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered the garden, asparagus, porch pots, flowerbeds & the trees/lirope in the backyard.

When I got the smoker ready this morning, it seemed like everything I wanted to touch had yellow jackets on it, I managed to get the pear burner cart without being attacked, so I fired it up & torched every nest I found. I hate them critters.

Put the ribs on the smoker over post oak & hickory coals at 225 degrees. Mrs. Ranch made another batch of potato salad to go with them.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Clean the porch fan.

Shred the pasture adjacent to the garden.

Grease all the fittings on the tractor, then washed it.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered the garden, asparagus, flowerbeds & the trees/lirope in the front yard.

Did the weekly shopping. I stopped to pick up jugs of generic RoundUp to spray the fenceline, but walked out of 2 places... The price went from $50 to $134!!! Needless to say, I was shocked. This is total BS.

Dog_hate.jpg

Then to beat all get-out, it rained 2.53" AFTER I watered because they forecasted 0.01"... I'm not complaining ar all about the rain, I do wonder why we are paying them as they are useless. Our government is incompetent.

I did order jugs of Imazapyr & a few others herbicides These are 'force multipliers, but I still need the RoundUp as a carrier, I talked to Mrs. Ranch & she said to get enough of the RoundUp to last us for a couple of years, so that is what I'll do tomorrow. The 268% price increase still pisses me off.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made ciabatta bread, 2 small loaves & 4 hamburger buns.

Went to town to pickup 6 cases of generic RoundUp, molasses tubs & mineral/sulphur blocks. Ouch!!!

Got another 0.27" of rain about noontime!!!

Last edited:

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
Hired a HS boy to paint fence today. He's worked here a few times before and was just "OK". Today, he thought it was cool to paint with one hand and talk on his cell phone with the other. I had to call him out on it, and he seemed shocked that I felt this was abnormal work behavior. Lol.

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
Hired a HS boy to paint fence today. He's worked here a few times before and was just "OK". Today, he thought it was cool to paint with one hand and talk on his cell phone with the other. I had to call him out on it, and he seemed shocked that I felt this was abnormal work behavior. Lol.
most of them don't have a clue............

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Put out the cattle's molasses tubs & mineral/sulphur blocks.

Prep the ranch fuel containers for another load before it goes up even more. I'll do that tomorrow AM.

Took some onions, potatoes & cucumbers down to our neighbors

Last edited:

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
Spent this afternoon on rescue of a fish & wildlife service boat. Alternator had quit working and motor drained battery. We gave them a tow to the boat ramp they launched from.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Went to get the ranch fuel.

Put out 1 roll of & then the sky opened up... 0.47" in about 15 minutes.

UPDATE 06 June 22: This storm caused a lightning bolt that struck the fence in front of the house, taking out both our internet routers.

Last edited:

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
Made another late night run last night. Three guys ran their boat (22' Navistar) about 30' up on the bank. It was a hard pull but we got them back into the water and on their way. Got back to bed about 0200.........Some of these boaters amaze me.........

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Harvested tomatoes & a bucket of green peppers.

Assist Mrs. Ranch in stuffing the green peppers, We'll vacuum pack them tomorrow.

Seasoned up a big sirloin that I'll put on the smoker for supper. Also plan on some baked potatoes.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered the porch pots & hanging baskets.

Vacuum packed the stuffed green peppers while Mrs. Ranch was working on her quilting.

Canned the tomatoes from yesterday.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered the garden, asparagus, all the flowerbeds & the trees/lirope in the back yard.

Made scalloped potatoes for our neighbors.

Clean Dieter's 'mudroom' in my Jeep as it was smelling pretty doggy. I need to vacuum the Jeep out...

Last edited: