• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha Up To???

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Day 5 of recovery... feeling the same as yesterday...

Continued covering the library books & got 40 more done today. Also ordered another 300' roll of Mylar.

Made brownies for dessert.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Day 6 of recovery... Bruising is starting to fade, although it is still plenty sore.

It's raining here (0.98" thus far).

Seasoned up a thick sirloin roast for suppers the next few days. Mrs. Ranch is in charge of adding the vegetables.

Continued covering the library books, got 24 more done.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
It's still raining here (2.81" since midnight).

Made bread.

Continued covering the library books, got 20 more done. Unfortunately the new roll of Mylar will not arrive until late tomorrow.

The John Deere dealer finally finished everything up with my tractor & gator. They are now back in the barn & ready for me when I get healed up.

Last edited:

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
Raining all night here also. Haven't looked at gauge. Lost power and 12,000 dollar generator setup didn't come on......will check it when rain slacks off.....hopefully something simple........

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
Problem with generator was the battery......I need to keep a better eye on the lights . It would have told me I had a problem before finding out in the middle of a storm...........

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
^^^ And you have to be mindful of the manufacturing date of any 'new' battery. A 'new' battery that was made in May of 22' is already a year old & will crap out before the warranty is over. Yeah, you may get a replacement, but you & yours won't be any cooler in the meantime.

Batteries suck nowadays. Try to find one with a 7-year warranty, they don't exist anymore... anywhere ... or at any price. Best I could find was a 3-year.

Last edited:

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
^^^ And you have to be mindful of the manufacturing date of any 'new' battery. A 'new' battery that was made in May of 22' is already a year old & will crap out before the warranty is over. Yeah, you may get a replacement, but you & yours won't be any cooler in the meantime.

Batteries suck nowadays. Try to find one with a 7-year warranty, they don't exist anymore... anywhere ... or at any price. Best I could find was a 3-year.
and a 3 year cost an arm and a leg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
It started raining about the time I got up. Just after Dieter did his business, the skies opened up & dumped another 3.19" on us. The stock tank next to the house is at it's spillway!!!

Made sourdough bread.

Continued covering the library books (another 30 today).

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Woke up to more thunderstorms, 0.64" thus far. Dieter was not a happy sleeper...

Continued covering the library books (only 20 today).

Made 'Pig Shots' that I put on the smoker for an quick, easy supper.

PigShots.png

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made a butter pecan cake with coconut/pecan frosting for dessert.

Continued covering the library books (got another 40 done today). I also ordered another roll of Mylar.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Mrs. Ranch went grocery shopping.

Continued covering the library books (got another 40 done today). I'm work stop again, pending delivery of the Mylar.

Started raining again ~ 1700 hrs. We ended up with another 0.83" (which was not predicted).

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Watered the porch pots & hanging baskets.

Made a quad batch of KFC chicken seasoning as Mrs. Ranch used the last of it for chicken tenders.

Made honey mustard dressing.

Last edited:

KsK

Planting Zone
Dug up some potatoes yesterday before the rain came through.Promising crop. Picked squash,green beans and a few cucumbers this morning. Finished the electric fence around my corn. Coons wiped me out last year.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made a birthday cake for the young lady down the road. Hard to believe that she's going to be 15!!!

Cleaned/refilled wasp traps.

Since I received the roll of Mylar yesterday, I continued covering the library books (got 36 more done).

Last edited: