• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha Up To???

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Did the weekly shopping early this week.

Continued spreading mulch in the garden.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Drizzling some here this morning... so I tied up the tomatoes again whenever the drizzle was taking a break.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Went to town to get a haircut & pick up Mrs. Ranch's prescriptions.

Made a Mexican soup out of the carcass of the Mexican pork roast.

Last edited:

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
Sprayed BT on the garden. I found out what was eating all the plants-cutworms. Garden is doing better this year after all the soil work. PH is holding at 6.4. Next year should be better after the soil has a chance to sit.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered the garden.

Went to the hospital for my operation. They started at 1100 hrs & they 'woke me up' at 1345 hrs. They discharged me & I was home about 1515 hrs. Transportation & prescription pickup was provided by my '2nd wife' (neighbor), who was there through the whole thing as my '1st wife' (Mrs. Ranch) had to stay home to deal with Dieter.

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
Watered the garden.

Went to the hospital for my operation. They started at 1100 hrs & they 'woke me up' at 1345 hrs. They discharged me & I was home about 1515 hrs. Transportation & prescription pickup was provided by my '2nd wife' (neighbor), who was there through the whole thing as my '1st wife' (Mrs. Ranch) had to stay home to deal with Dieter.
Sounds like all went well. I am glad to hear you are home and doing good..................

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
^^^ LOL!!! THAT in all actuality, would open up a range of options as to my cause of death!!! Right now, I prefer to just drink as needed, propped up in a chair on the back porch & looking at the garden. Mrs. Ranch is doling out my 'medication' as needed to prevent the possibility of an 'intentional overdose'. Dieter is in charge of providing all the immoral support he can render for both of us.

Made buttermilk bread.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Day 2 of recovery... Kinda hurts to walk, but coughing is a killer. I had planned a project to keep me busy & give me a sense of accomplishing something during this period. I started covering our library books with 2 mil Mylar to protect the dust jackets 17 down & another 1200+ to go.

Mrs Ranch watered the garden & I watched.

Last edited:

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
^^^ LOL!!! THAT in all actuality, would open up a range of options as to my cause of death!!! Right now, I prefer to just drink as needed, propped up in a chair on the back porch & looking at the garden. Mrs. Ranch is doling out my 'medication' as needed to prevent the possibility of an 'intentional overdose'. Dieter is in charge of providing all the immoral support he can render for both of us.

Made bread.

KsK

Planting Zone
Glad to hear your recovery is progressing. I checked my garden calendar and i had replanted onions the middle of January. Should be ready the end of May or early June. Potatoes are showing signs of being ready in a couple of weeks.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Day 3 of recovery... feeling somewhat better although the extent of the bruising is now apparent, no wonder it hurts to walk.

I got another 20 of our library books covered in Mylar.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Day 4 of recovery... feeling & walking better as the swelling is going down. I'm able to do the dishes so Mrs. Ranch doesn't have to do everything, LOL!!!

Raining here this morning, 0.21" thus far.

Continued covering the library books, knocked out another 32 of them. I getting faster!!!

Last edited: