Whatcha Up To???

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Continue vacuum packing the roasted potatoes from yesterday.

Watered the garden, asparagus, flowerbeds & the trees in the back yard.

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
Got 3 loads of topsoil in this morning. Then ordered 8 pallets of grass. Then went to Lowe's and ordered carpet for both the kid's rooms. The wife is gonna run me broke.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Did the weekly shopping & topped off the gas tank of Mrs. Ranch's Jeep @ $4.30/gal. I guess that until this nonsense if over, I'll just top off every time I go somewhere...

Seasoned up a pork sirloin roast with cracked pepper & ground rosemary. I'll roast it in the oven along with carrots, potatoes, onions & celery.

Last edited:

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
Did the weekly shopping & topped off the gas tank of Mrs. Ranch's Jeep @ $4.30/gal. I guess that until this nonsense if over, I'll just top off every time I go somewhere...

Seasoned up a pork sirloin roast with cracked pepper & ground rosemary. I;ll roast it in the oven along with carrots, potatoes, onions & celery.
I bought and extra three 5 gallon cans of gas to go with our other stored up just to have in case supplies get worse..........

Last edited:

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
Moved 3 loads of dirt today. Used the big tractor to get it from the front of the property to the back. Then the small tractor to put it in place. Got lots of sod showing up tomorrow, I’m on the clock. Hired 2 HS boys to help on Saturday. Rain looks to be in the forecast, so that is good.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
The lightning woke me up at 0200 hrs. We have received 0.31" of rain since midnight.

Made a lemon cake with lemon frosting for our neighbors.

Cleaned 6 of the 7 ceiling fans. Also cleaned the oscillating fan in the garage,

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Special trip to town for cigarettes... they're another 'supply chain' issue for whatever reason.

Removed the left side bucket cylinder on the tractor for rebuild (it suddenly started leaking).

Pruned a 'Spirea' in the back, aka pop's, flowerbed in preparation for moving it to another bed. This bed had a number of fatalities from the big freeze so we are redoing it.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made 'Pagnotta' bread this morning. This country-style sourdough bread made with durum wheat dough, natural yeast, water & salt is traditionally prepared in the Sicilian provinces of Enna & Catania. Peasant food at it's finest..

Watered the garden, asparagus, flowerbeds & all the trees/lirope sice we didn't receive much rain.

Reinstalled the left side bucket cylinder on the tractor after rebuilding it. Ops check good.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Did the weekly shopping & topped off the fuel tank.

Seasoned up a couple of chicken breasts that I'll put on the smoker later.

Brought up some potatoes & cleaned them for Mrs. Ranch as she's fixing to make potato salad this weekend.

Harvested the first 5 tomatoes. Mrs. Ranch is going to make cucumber/onion/tomato salad as a side dish for tonight's supper.

Salad.jpg

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
It's easy to make. Simply slice/add equal amounts of tomato, onions & cucumbers to a bowl. Add:
  • 2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
  • 2 Tablespoons of white vinegar
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons of sugar
  • 1 /1/3 cup of water
Stir it all together, adjust to your taste & then refrigerate if for at least 2 hours.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered the garden, asparagus, flowerbeds, porch pots & the trees/lirope in the backyard.

Put out 2 rolls of hay for the cattle.

Shred along the frontage road as the county is useless at maintaining their right-of-way.

Ordered 2 more cases of ammo (special Memorial Day pricing).

Harvested bell peppers & a bowl of cherry tomatoes. Tomorrow we'll make stuffed peppers, then freeze & vacuum pack for later.

Last edited:

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
It's easy to make. Simply slice/add equal amounts of tomato, onions & cucumbers to a bowl. Add:
  • 2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
  • 2 Tablespoons of white vinegar
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons of sugar
  • 1 /1/3 cup of water
Stir it all together, adjust to your taste & then refrigerate if for at least 2 hours.
Thanks.........