• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha Up To???

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Harvested 10 more spaghetti squash & processed them for freezing. Also harvested tomatoes that I'll process for canning tomorrow.

Made bread.

We're having 'Bruscetta' for supper so I made my 3rd trip down to the garden to fetched some fresh basil & cherry tomatoes.

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
Got the pit fired up with some mesquite and oak. Smoking some beef and pork ribs the wife found on sale. Not the best cuts, but they should be ok. About to grill a small skirt steak that I’m going to chop up and use in stuffed jalapeño peppers.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
I never thought I'd say this, but jumbo shrimp are cheaper that shirt steak nowadays for stuffed jalapenos!!! Dove breast is really good too if you have some.

As you probably know, I'm somewhat of an stuffed jalaeno aficionado, having consumed at least 2 a day for decades, LOL!!!

Last edited:

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
I never thought I'd say this, but jumbo shrimp are cheaper that shirt steak nowadays for stuffed jalapenos!!! Dove breast is really good too if you have some.

As you probably know, I'm somewhat of an stuffed jalaeno aficionado, having consumed at least 2 a day for decades, LOL!!!
Yeah, I’m about to put Luke on the pellet gun. The Whitewings have arrived here. 2/day is his quota lol

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Got woke up at 0315 hrs due to a heck of a lightning show. Then it started raining about an hour later (0.95" thus far).

Washed the 2 pair of shutters in preparation for 'restoration'.

Harvested a tub of tomatoes for processing..

Last edited:

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
The wife decided she wanted to mow the backyard this weekend. I don't think she's mowed since Olivia was born. I bought a little Honda walk-behind a few weeks back for the backyard area. She liked the mower and got the backyard mowed in about 40 minutes. I asked her if she wanted to weed-eat. She did not like the gas powered string trimmer I have. So, I asked her if she would do it with a little cordless unit. I ordered a cordless string trimmer this morning.

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
Ordered Advantage Multi for my pups..........PetMeds would cost 347.97/year. I order from World Pet Express and it's 109.99/year and no prescription. It comes from UK and I have been ordering from here for about 4 or 5 years................

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Canned 7 quarts of tomatoes.

Took the torch to the shutters. While they aren't perfect, they are 10000% better. The oxidation is gone & the color is fully restored, so if you have the desire, I can recommend this process.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made another loaf of sourdough bread.

Prepped & roasted 2 pans of tomatoes. These will be made into Picante sauce.

Put out another roll of hay for the cattle.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Did the weekly shopping a day early as I don't want to be out there on a holiday weekend.

Applied the first of 3 coats of clear acrylic to the refurbed shutters.

Harvested green peppers & jalapenos for finishing the Picante sauce tomorrow.

Last edited:

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
I’m getting really tired of these ridiculous coffee prices so I ordered 5 lb of raw columbian beans that I’m going to roast later today. I’ve got a rack of pork ribs and some small beef ribs going on the pit today so I’ll probably roast the coffee beans when I get the bbq on cruise control.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Prepped/seasoned a rack of pork ribs for tomorrow.

Cut the grass.

Printed the labels for the stuff I've canned. Applied them & moved it all to the guest house pantry.

Ordered another steel storage rack to make Mrs. Ranch happy.