• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha Up To???

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
What a difference a day makes... it currently 33 degrees, the wind is wicked & is still drizzling rain here. Driving conditions could turn treacherous in moments. UPDATE: The temperature is down to 29 degrees & everything is coated with ice @ 1430 hrs.

I ventured out to the greenhouse to up the temperature of the heater... I need those expensive seeds I planted to germinate.

Continued working on 'begining-of-the-month' chores.

Last edited:

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
What a difference a day makes... it currently 33 degrees, the wind is wicked & is still drizzling rain here. Driving conditions could turn treacherous in moments. UPDATE: The temperature is down to 29 degrees & everything is coated with ice @ 1430 hrs.

I ventured out to the greenhouse to up the temperature of the heater... I need those expensive seeds I planted to germinate.

Continued working on 'begining-of-the-month' chores.
Raining and 30 here at 2040 hrs. Nothing iced up yet. It is suppose to be 25-28 here tonight.......

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Woo-Hoo, we're now up to 29 degrees from a low of 21!!! Dieter doesn't like this weather or walking on ice encrusted grass, I had to drag him out this morning to do his business.

Made a big loaf of buttermilk bread.

Mrs. Ranch said if I would make a pecan spice cake with pecan frosting for dessert, that she would make meatloaf & mashed potatoes for supper. I did my part...

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Went to town to get a new battery for the garden tractor & a sack of sunflower seeds for the redbirds.

Watered everything in the greenhouse.

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
Just got back from a rescue call. Ole boy ran out of gas on chocolate bayou, other fishermen pulled him in before we launched. My first run since joining GCRS (Gulf Coast Rescue Squad)........

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Refilled the redbird feeders.

Put the new battery in the garden tractor & charged it up. Then started detailing the garden tractor.

Started pruning the Crape Myrtles back, spring is coming..

Last edited:

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
Spent the weekend rebuilding a stolen pistol that I got back from HPD a while back. It had been near a fire and was all nasty. Lots of rust removal using Evaporust, then coated all the major parts with Duracoat. Turned out pretty good considering the shape it was in.

11139FB0-2A34-4BFA-8438-A541AC235C67.jpeg7DD130A9-8AE2-4E26-B469-694AA1B30333.jpeg

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
Spent the weekend rebuilding a stolen pistol that I got back from HPD a while back. It had been near a fire and was all nasty. Lots of rust removal using Evaporust, then coated all the major parts with Duracoat. Turned out pretty good considering the shape it was in.

View attachment 4431View attachment 4432
Good job........I hate a thief......

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Took my Jeep in to get the state inspection, a oil/lube job & to have the cooling system back-flushed. Good for another season.

Made bread.

Put out 3 rolls of hay for the cattle.

Received my new battery charger as my old Craftsman charger was on it's last legs after 40 yrs. The new one is microprocessor controlled so it has a lot of bells & whistles.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Did the weekly shopping up in LaGrange.

Seasoned/roasted a Boston butt for supper the next few nights.

Watered everything in the greenhouse.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
The cold front has arrived... it's down to 46 degrees & the wind has picked up considerably (24MPH).

Made bread.

Made stuffed jalapenos.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Start cleaning the potato rows in the garden as I will be planting them next Monday.

Put out a couple of rolls of hay for the cattle.