• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha Up To???

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Cleaned the mower deck with a wire wheel on the the drill & applied 'No-Mow' to help keep the grass from sticking. Then install the new G5 carbide blades (like everything else this year, they were extremely hard to find so I bought 2 sets).

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Did the weekly shopping.

Detailed both the mower deck & the tractor, then put it back together. Lastly I greased it & aired up the tires. Ready for another year.

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
I'll be stuck in the shop working all weekend. These ammo customers think these machined components I supply just grow on trees that I have planted out back and when they need them I should just go pick a few for them.

8669D8A4-03B0-4A02-95CE-CFE0FE2B87AD.jpeg

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
I'll be stuck in the shop working all weekend. These ammo customers think these machined components I supply just grow on trees that I have planted out back and when they need them I should just go pick a few for them.

View attachment 4434
You going to have to plant more trees.........LOL.......

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Refilled the redbird feeders.

Dieter made a 'Black Forest Cake' for Mrs. Ranch.

Tilled the front of the garden.

Watered everything in the greenhouse.

Last edited:

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
Progress pic. The base is about 6-7” of bottom ash mixed with Portland cement and compacted in layers. Now they are cutting in a beam around the edges which has rebar and then filled with a sand/cement mix. I had considered doing this job myself. It would have taken me 5 years after seeing what all goes into it.

BA08D476-F834-45E9-9C23-73A84A8720C6.jpeg36469121-3A36-4F0D-BC95-EBA3342268D2.jpeg

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
Wow......horse feed is heading through the roof.......I will look around for better prices.......I just paid 16.00/50lb I was paying 12.50 for it.......

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Currently 38 degrees with 10-20 MPH winds. Looks like the highs will only be in the 40s for the next 5 days, so the garden will be going in late again this year...

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Weather sucks here, 37 degrees with misting rain...

Did the weekly shopping only because I needed limes.

Watered everything in the greenhouse.

Last edited: