• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha Up To???

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
Gotta mow the grass today. I swear next year I’m putting down pre emergent. I say that every year.

We are 3D printing a Roman Colosseum for Luke’s school project. This one will take 36 hours to complete. Installed a backup power supply on the machine as I’ve already been burned by power blips.

721677D5-CB6B-4154-A88C-2E61EA3F3226.jpeg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Watered the garden, asparagus bed, all the trees & the pots on the back porch.

Set the stakes for the jalapenos & green bell peppers so I can tie them up as I plant them.

The first 2 hummingbirds showed up this afternoon!!!

Last edited:

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
Gotta mow the grass today. I swear next year I’m putting down pre emergent. I say that every year.

We are 3D printing a Roman Colosseum for Luke’s school project. This one will take 36 hours to complete. Installed a backup power supply on the machine as I’ve already been burned by power blips.

View attachment 4456
Very impressive.......

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
The print job is finished. Thank goodness it made it all the way through, there’s so many things that can go wrong and then you have start all over.

Got the grass cut yesterday, will have to weedeat today. Watered the gardens. Maybe spray roundup depending on the wind.

6683B9C1-A128-4A91-9C26-B3F24F261C74.jpeg5F41BA57-BB6A-4173-91CF-659CE5BDEAE1.jpegC8E301F9-6CD2-4F62-85D9-E3C438BAB74E.jpeg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered the garden & Crape Myrtles ahead of the wind.

Seasoned up a thick sirloin that I'll smoke for supper.

Made a chocolate cake with vanilla frosting for dessert.

Cleaned the Weber Kettle with 'Easy Off' for grills & smokers. Other than some scraping prep work, it was quick & came out pretty clean.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Dang it was windy last night & it is currently raining (0.42" thus far) so there will be no garden work again today.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Planted the jalapenos & the green bell peppers. Then mulched that row & continued mulch the potato rows.

Started the 'beginning-of-the-month' chores.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Did the weekly shopping... very aggravating.

Replanted both the cucumbers & the cantaloupe due to the wind tearing them up. Also planted a couple of cherry tomatoes.

Last edited:

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
Overcast and looking like rain. I need to mow and do some yard work. Hopefully it will clear out in a little while. Waiting on some O2 scavengers to arrive so we can vacuum pack some more emergency supplies,,,,,,

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
Fertilized the garden. Spot sprayed some weeds in the row middles. Onions bolted, dangit I figured that was going to happen.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made a yellow butter cake with chocolate frosting for our dessert.

Made a trip to Columbus for cigarettes since the Tobacco Barn in Halletsville has become so poorly managed.

Started trimming the Lirope under the oak trees in the back yard.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered the garden & asparagus ahead of the wind. I also took the flags down as the forecast is saying 30 MPH.

Made a batch of Russian Tea Biscuits for our neighbors.

Music legend Bobby Rydell, one of the first teen idols back in the 1960s, has died (he was 79). Man, he could sing. RIP Bobby.

Last edited: