• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha Up To???

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made a special trip to town to fill up my Jeep so Dieter could continue his daily road trips.

Fed the cattle.

Replanted the seeds in the garden & also replaced a few of the pepper plants due to wind damage. Then I watered the garden.

Cut 20 T-posts in half & started driving them into pig holes along the fence-line in the hope that it will keep them out.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Went to town to get my hair cut.

Fed the cattle & then moved 16 rolls of hay into the trap & put out 2 rolls for them.

Prepped the small tractor & the Gator for transport to the dealer for 'full service' maintenance.

My operation is on hold. The want me to see a cardiologist because they said my EKG showed an "old heart attack". I smell a BS insurance scam... I know for a fact that I've never had one.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
The caladiums arrived yesterday so I got them planted in the porch pots this morning.

Went to see the cardiologist... he said he would call the surgeon to tell her that my heart is fine & that I was cleared for surgery.

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
Our first legitimate garden in 5 years. I did lots of soil improvements over the last year. Got a whole trailer load of horse manure and mixed that in. Was finally able to get the Ph down to 6.5. Added sulphur last year and that helped some. Added quite a bit of aluminum sulfate this winter to get the numbers right. Got all the normal stuff planted. About 40 tomato plants.

084FAC6A-F9A1-4DD3-8A41-C81EDB4FEB59.jpegA357E99E-C415-4822-B312-6A16F6EA7ADC.jpeg

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
What critter will bite the leaf off a pepper plant and leave it laying in the dirt? Only at night. I've replanted the same pepper plant 3 times now and every morning I come back to the leaves being cleanly sliced off at the main stalk.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered the garden & the spare plants in the greenhouse.

Cut the grass ahead of the rain... the forecast now says ~4".

Seasoned up a thick beef sirloin & put it on the smoker for our suppers the next few days. Mrs. Ranch made the potato salad.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
It has started drizzling here (revised forecast says a total of 3.56" over the next 3 days).

Made a milk chocolate cake with vanilla frosting for dessert.

Did a fiberglass repair of the tractor canopy (I cracked it on a tree branch). The thing was too thin to begin with, so I put 2 layers of fiberglass on & plan on doing 2 more.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Raining & considerably cooler here this morning. We received a total of 0.22" of rain yesterday & an additional 5.06" thus far today.

Went to town to get fuel in my Jeep & picked up a few items at the grocery store.

Continued repairing the tractor's canopy.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Still raining here, 1.24" thus far.

Continued reinforcing the tractor's canopy with additional layers of fiberglass.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Finally stopped raining, so I went to the auto parts place to get more resin & cloth to finish reinforcing the tractor's canopy. When I got home, I applied the last 2 layers & called it a day. I'll trim the excess off tomorrow or Monday.

Last edited: