• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha Up To???

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Did the weekly shopping. I continue to be frustrated with this 'supply chain' BS & now the low level on intelligence/common sense of new-hires in the stores. They used to give new-hires a basic level of training before unleashing them on their customers... apparently that is no longer the case.

Ordered bulk buckwheat grouts to add to our SHTF provisions, Good for 30 yrs. storage.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Fed the cattle,

Finally got the last pair of shutters hung. The total cost of this renovation project was ~$200, verses $2500 for new replacements. in spite of that, I'm so glad that project is over!!!!

Watered the porch pots & hanging baskets.

Started pulling up stakes in the garden.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Watered all the trees/lirope, flowerbeds, asparagus & porch pots/hanging baskets.

Refilled the hummingbird feeders.

Cleaned/refilled the redbird's water trough.

Last edited:

wolffman

Sponsor
Plus Member
Planting Zone
There’s a 6 acre property a few hundred yards from our place that is filled with old growth mesquite trees. Well, the inevitable is happening and there’s an excavator out there right now tearing it all down. Kinda makes me sick to see. I went and talked to the machine operator and brought him lunch today. He’s separating out all the mesquite so that I can cut it up in the evenings. I hauled some yesterday back to our property. What you see in these pics is nothing compared to what he has stacked up for me. Those were some beautiful, old trees.

E99E1E5F-94E3-4912-9836-F31438E6B768.jpeg4C59752B-EE3B-463D-BFC0-D3F80CFF9E83.jpeg

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Refilled the hummingbird feeders as needed. Their numbers have dropped to maybe 50-60 now & I expect most of them will leave around Tuesday when the next cool front arrives.

Put out a roll of hay for the cattle.

Finished pulling up all the remaining garden stakes. Time to start getting it ready for planting.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Went to town to get my haircut.

Replace the hose on one of the 26 gallon spot sprayers.

Fed the cattle.

Gathered up the trash & put it in the burn barrel for tomorrow AM.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Cleaned hummingbird feeders for storage. I left 3 feeders up as there are still about 10 birds still here.

Ordered a 40 gallon spot sprayer. Apparently they're in short supply, as they cost about 30% more & the lead time is 30-35 WEEKS.

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
Cleaned hummingbird feeders for storage. I left 3 feeders up as there are still about 10 birds still here.

Ordered a 40 gallon spot sprayer. Apparently they're in short supply, as they cost about 30% more & the lead time is 30-35 WEEKS.
There is a lot of things in short supply with this illegitimate government........................

Titus Bass

Planting Zone
9A
Went on a 3 am call to help find an illegal that ran from the cops, crashed his car and they thought he drowned in a lake. We took and airboat and searched. We found the lake was only 2 - 3 feet deep and found where he came out of the lake and ran off.......FJB and his open borders............