• Join Home Gardening Forum

Whatcha Up To???

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Burned the trash for the last time in this burn barrel. It's on it's last legs literally, but we got 12 years out of it, so I can't complain. The new one is 50% thicker, so it should last our lifetimes & then some. I need to enlist some help from our neighbor to move the new one into it's place after the old one cools down.

Watered the garden, asparagus & the trees/lirope.

Watered & moved the spider plants out of the greenhouse to the back porch.

Fed the cattle.

Harvested more asparagus.

Asparagus_030423.jpg

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Continued cleaning the garden (there was a lot of thistle this year). My back is killing me, but it has to be done...

Fed the cattle.

Had a talk with my neighbor regarding his feral hog problem becoming my problem (digging under the net wire & tearing up my 2 back pastures). Ball is in his court.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Picked up another load of cattle feed & did the weekly shopping.

Planted radish & cilantro in the garden.

Mrs. Ranch saw a hummingbird, so I put a feeder up.

Gophers are still causing problems in the garden so it is time to address the cost & lack of efficiency of various 'smoke bombs'. I saw this video & did some research on the use of flares. I'm going to try it.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Planted 80' of green beans.

Planted 22 jalapeno & tied them to the stakes to prevent the wind from breaking them.

Started planting the sweet bell peppers & tying them as well. I have 8 more to do but my back gave out.

Fed the cattle.

Last edited:

KsK

Planting Zone
Other than okra[May} i have planted everything: corn,cucumbers,pole beans,black eye peas, navy and lima beans,sweet peas,shell peas, tomatoes,bell peppers and squash. Pulled the last of the spinach for supper.Both onions and potatoes are looking good.

w_r_ranch

Master Gardener
Administrator
Plus Member
Planting Zone
8b
Made bread.

Shot 2 pigs that came from the neighbor's (dug under the fence yet again). I called him again, but he didn't have the courtesy of returning the call. Time to escalate.

Fed the cattle.